As promised, here is a video compilation from my trip to Disrupt last week in San Francisco. There were many more really interesting companies that were exhibiting at Disrupt that I simply didn’t have time to get to, but these were amongst some of the coolest. I hope you enjoy the following video.
Please check out some of the companies featured in this video. A few of them are going to be joining us in Silicon Valley in just a few short weeks for our SourceCon conference which will be taking place October 12-14!
Article Continues Below
- BetterWorks: BetterWorks is a platform where businesses can quickly create better, more rewarding work environments for their employees while saving a ton of time and money on customizable benefits packages. The company was started to help the country’s six million SMB’s create better work environments, happier and more productive employees, and ultimately foster better business across the U.S.
- Connect a Job: resumes come to life with multidimensional profiles that paint the complete picture. With video resumes, work samples, verifiable references, and more, Connect a Job lets you do way more than traditional sites by allowing users to maintain multiple profiles and send unlimited private links to outsiders.
- CrowdStar: one of the top Social Gaming companies in the world, founded by serial entrepreneurs and Silicon Valley veterans who are passionate about making social games that impact millions of people around the world every day.Not necessarily a recruiting tool but they smartly had their head of staffing at the event recruiting for numerous openings. Smart offline sourcing!
- Holler: a mobile app that helps you quickly organize activities with friends and nearby people with shared interests. Excellent for meeting people at events who aren’t already in your friend network.
- JobSqr: JobSqr is a personalized job search engine offering a new way to discover the best career opportunities and related information using location-based technology. It just launched at Disrupt — keep an eye on this company.
- Mindjet: we covered Mindjet last week — it provides personal productivity and collaboration solutions that visually connect ideas, information, and people to save time, improve business processes and drive innovation. Great collaborative work tool for sourcing and recruiting teams who do not work in the same location.
- PeopleBrowsr: while they weren’t exhibiting at Disrupt, I visited their offices down the street while I was in town. This is a seriously cool company that doesn’t even officially operate in the recruiting space — PeopleBrowser is a high-tech social analytics company with a passion for marketing, providing data mining, analytics, brand engagement, and campaign services. Now tell me that doesn’t scream sourcing strategy…
- Quixey: we also covered Quixey last week — they developed ‘Functional Search” specifically for apps, which scrapes blogs, review sites, forums, and social media to learn what each app can do and how people use it. Quixey uses this data to help users find the apps they need across all platforms – on smartphones, browsers, desktops, and the web. Very cool search technology.
- TeeMeW: TeeMeW lets you share, explore, and leverage real-time business opportunities in your proximity using a location-based, real-time mobile application that aims to redefine business and professional networking. LBS meets job-seekers meets recruiting — very cool.