OK, everybody is talking about it, so I guess we’ll weigh in as well. Zappos recently announced that they were going to stop posting jobs. HR bloggers and some of the largest media outlets in the world all seem to have an opinion on the matter.
Below is a short video from a recent SourceCon Live discussion about Zappos and a list of some of the other media coverage they received.
Articles from around the web:
Article Continues Below
- ERE – Examining Zappos’s ‘No Job Postings’ Recruiting Approach …
- ERE – What? No Job Postings?!? – ERE.net
- Wall Street Journal – Zappos Zaps Its Job Postings
- Washington Post – Zappos gets rid of job postings
- SF Gate –Online talent communities replace job boards
- Tim Sackett Project – How Zappos Ruined Job Posts!
- Recruiting Daily – Hiring Habits for the Holocracy, The Zappos Revolution
- Laurie Reuttiman – Is Zappos Being Fair to the American Worker?
- Stacy Zapar – Inside Zappos: Your Questions Answered
I admire the bold step Zappos is taking and I’m excited to see how this works out. However, don’t expect me to write about this again until Zappos shares the results.